Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
What is Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and what is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)?
ABA is used to analyze, create, and promote socially significant positive changes in the lives of those with struggles and challenges. A BCBA is someone who is board certified to carry out these practices. A large majority of a BCBA’s work is to create socially significant positive behavior changes in others’ lives and open them up to more opportunities and reinforcement. BCBA’s aid in systematically teaching, tracking, and tweaking custom programs to promote these changes.
What is a Professional Organizer?
A professional organizer is someone who utilizing a skillset based on personal experience and training that can aid a person in organizing areas in their personal and professional spaces. Professional organizers not only help define and transform a space, they also act as coaches and supporters.
Being a professional organizer also entails coming from a place of empathy with a non-judgmental problem solving approach. Everyone has been in those situations at one point in their lives, even professional organizers! Professional organizers are taking what they have learned in their own lives and personal experiences to extend a helping hand to someone else who may be struggling.
Spaces of your personal and professional spaces that I service (but are not limited to):
You are not limited to just this list: a project, plan, or package will be custom tailored to your individual needs.
- Whole home (Individualized Package)
- Partial Home (Individualized Package)
- Craft or Hobby rooms
- Playrooms and Recreation rooms
- Pantry/Storage Spaces
- Mudroom/Laundry rooms
- Dining rooms
- Vehicles/ RV’s/Campers
- Linen closets
Previous Experience and Examples of Completed Projects:
- Moving: sorting, prepping, and packing
- Designing and designating furniture assignments to new spaces (after moving)
- Redesign of a space
- Decluttering and Donating
- Step by step written instruction for the DIY client
- File sorting (digital or hard copy)
- Scrapbooking and photo sorting and storing
- Refinishing or updating simple furniture pieces or items
- Creating small custom furniture pieces
- Organizing and decorating outdoor spaces
Areas of North Carolina that we service:
Functional Shui is based in Moore County, NC but services many areas of North Carolina! Please contact Functional Shui for more information.